For businesses offering services and/or products online, increasing the number of visitors to the company website and subsequently having these visitors become loyal and paying customers is paramount. In this regard, the business benefits of SEO (search engine optimization) cannot be overstated. An SEO rich website and overall online presence is crucial for businesses that rely on said Internet platforms for growth and revenue as SEO allows them to:
- Have a more search engine friendly website. This, in turn, allows the business to be ranked higher in search engine results and therefore found more easily and quickly by prospective clients
- Establish their business as an expert or authority within their field or industry
- Enjoy higher conversion rates. SEO, when done properly, not only allows businesses to benefit from increased traffic, but also from paying traffic. With the right SEO Sacramento specialist, you will be providing real value to customers, meeting the customer at the point of their need and increasing the likelihood of turning them into paying customers.
- 1. Pay attention to producing diverse and quality content.The Internet and the websites therein are content driven. This reality has given life to the phrase ‘content is king.’ Therefore, businesses that would like to attract more attention online should pay attention to the quality of their content. It is not enough to simply have a webstore with a few products and services strewn about, and a contact and about us page. Instead, businesses have to earn the respect and trust of their visitors by establishing themselves as an authority in their respective industries by way of unique content. This content can include blog posts or articles, photographs, videos, podcasts and so forth. Whatever the avenues chosen as means of engagement, the content should address issues, concerns and topics that are of specific interest to the target audience.
- 2. Implement relevant keywords and keyword phrases in their website content.Keywords and keyword phrases are those words and phrases that persons interested in finding content on a particular topic or industry are likely to type into a search engine. Businesses trying to benefit from SEO should pay attention to the relevant ones for their industries. For example a business in the scrap metal trade business in Sacramento CA, for example may want to pay attention to words and phrases like ‘Sacramento scrap metal’, ‘SEO Houston’, ‘best marketing company’ or ‘Sacramento SEO Service’ and so forth. Once the relevant keyword phrases are identified, they should be skillfully woven into the website’s content. The operative word there is skillfully. That is, they should be a part of blog posts, used in the meta-descriptions for videos, photos and products and services in the webstore. Properly tagged products can result in high conversion rates and increased sales. All this should be done in a useful non-spamming way.3. Regularly update the website and have a mobile version.Finally, an SEO rich website is one that is regularly updated. Regular updates through posting fresh content will help keep search engine ranking high. Additionally, websites ought to be mobile friendly to keep their ranking with search engines like Google thanks to newly implemented algorithms. Most web users and therefore customers are mobile these days, therefore having a responsive website that is mobile friendly will allow your site, products and services to be easily found by users who are browsing from smart devices.